Radix is the base theme for current Openatrium 2 release. This is a base theme for Panopoly. It has Sass and Compass support, and makes it easy to build responsive themes with Panels. You can follow Radix Handbook for more details.
You can create a subtheme for Openatrium as per your equirement. Just create the subtheme of your mail Radix and you are good to start.
Radix Subtheming Guide
Installing Compass Radix gem
- Install rubygems: sudo apt-get install rubygems
- Install Compass Radix: sudo gem update; sudo gem install compass_radix
This should also install Sass, Compass and other dependencies.
- Make sure you have drush installed.
- Download the latest radix: drush dl radix
- Create a subtheme: drush radix "My Subtheme"